Fetbobbas Forum

Forum för folk som tycker
fett är fint!

Vi har förstått att kostråden är alldeles galna. För mycket kolhydrater och för lite naturligt fett gör oss sjuka. Gifter och tillsatser gör oss sjukare.
Vi vill äta naturlig, näringsrik och opåverkad mat.

Tapatalk enabled RSS feed 2024.03.28 - 10:14:17 *
Välkommen Gäst. Var snäll och logga in eller registrera dig som ny medlem.

Logga in med användarnamn, lösenord och önskad sessionslängd

Startsida   Hjälp Sök Kalender Logga in Registrera  
Sidor: [1] 2   Gå ned
  Skriv ut  
Författare Ämne: Matt Stones RRARF  (läst 18010 gånger)
0 Medlemmar och 1 gäst tittar på detta ämne.
Subcalva
Superhero

Smörklickar: 19

Antal inlägg: 1721

« skrivet: 2013.04.14 - 21:17:33 »

Matt Stone gör en summering av hur han ser på sin RRARF (kommer inte ihåg på rak hand vad det står för men nånting med rehabilty rest and refeed) och lägger in det här så det är lätt att hitta tillbaka till. Det är gjort i förbifarten i en kommentar till ett inlägg som handlar om insulinsresistens som kan vara intressant att läsa i sig.

Citat
If I was pressed to come up with a summary to date that applies to the RRARF program specifically, I would say:

1) Probably better to eat more frequently, or at least have snacks between meals during recovery

2) Probably no need to fear juice and even less reason to fear fruit. Experiment to see whether you find sugar or starch or a combination of the two to be superior. I still prefer, for eating beyond appetite specifically, to eat starch.

3) Overfeeding with refined carbohdyrates, particularly highly stimulating foods like cookies, cake, doughnuts, and ice cream if probably a horrendous idea unless you are underweight and have no addictive eating tendencies.

4) Need for meat, dairy, fish, eggs, and other animal-source protein is really small during overfeeding. Carbohydrates should be strongly emphasized, especially if you are coming from a low-carb background. For a recovering vegan, lots of animal protein would be better for a while.

The idea should be counterbalancing the imbalance your other diets created.

No major changes really. RRARF basically states all these things, just not quite as directly.

http://180degreehealth.com/2011/06/starch-lowers-insulin
Loggat

NOLM - Näringstät Oprocessad gärna Lokalt odlad Mat
Subcalva
Superhero

« Svara #1 skrivet: 2013.04.14 - 21:27:52 »

På frågan om han tycker att det är bra att överäta svarar han:

Citat
I feel that overfeeding as I define it is good for those with long histories of restricted eating and the emotional issues surrounding food that revolve around that.

More than anything, it's great to increase body temperature in those with a body temperature lower than 98 degrees F first thing upon waking in the morning. this is incredibly common and a sign of a reduced metabolic rate. Reduced metabolic rate is the ROOT cause of many health problems – from constipation and the many digestive problems that stem from it (diverticulosis, hemorroids, varicose veins, etc.) to cancer (which is caused by a departure from a high intensity oxidative metabolism) to heart disease/metabolic syndrome and so forth.

"Overfeeding" as I define it is very useful for anyone with a low metabolic rate seeing to overcome that. To me, this is one of the first things that should be analyzed and combatted when any health problem is discovered. But again, this should be done on wholesome, unrefined, low-stimulation foods like simple meats, vegetables, whole fruits, starches, etc.
Loggat

Subcalva
Superhero

« Svara #2 skrivet: 2013.04.14 - 21:30:15 »

Citat
You are thinking WAY too much about what you are eating and not thinking about how your body works. There are plenty of ways to change how your body responds to starch. Of course people crash when they eat carbs when their glucose metabolism sucks. But that is correctable.

As for your low-carb ancestry case, your Northern European/Eastern European ancestors were carb-based agriculturalists. The last 3-4 generations determines a lot more about our gene activation and dietary needs than what happened 100,000 years ago. Switching an Asian to an Eskimo diet would bring about rapid deterioration of health. As would probably switching an Eskimo to an Asian diet. The human gene activation system (epigenetics) has a phenomenal way of adapting to any number of different diets.

You feel better on low-carb because your adrenaline is running higher. And you are staying in a sympathetic dominant state. This is fine but it does age you faster and is anti-thyroid (perhaps why Eskimos aged so much more rapidly than what is considered normal).

Take your body temperature. It is probably low. It has probably been low your whole life. But these variables are important. Change something like your metabolic rate and you will change how you respond to just about everything.

At least keep it up with the fruit!

Sugars may in some ways be superior to starches.
Loggat

Subcalva
Superhero

« Svara #3 skrivet: 2013.04.14 - 21:50:22 »

Jag ser nu att det var ett gammalt inlägg som han "puffat" på FB.
Loggat

hemul
Administrator

Smörklickar: 63

Antal inlägg: 31106

Hemsida
« Svara #4 skrivet: 2013.04.14 - 22:24:06 »

Citat
Of course people crash when they eat carbs when their glucose metabolism sucks. But that is correctable.

How? Since low carb obviously isn't the cure, according to Stone, what is? He says overeating is good if you have a history of calorie restriction, but if that's not the case and you are insulin resistant, then what does one need to do?
Loggat

Fett är fint! | Marit Paulsen, go home! | Sverige ut ur EU!
Glucose is the energy of life - Robert  Lustig
Subcalva
Superhero

« Svara #5 skrivet: 2013.04.29 - 19:44:10 »

Så här skriver MS i en kommentar häromdagen:

Citat
The reason for eating lots of fat and carbs together is to maximize calorie intake during recovery. But once you start exercising, the more exercise you get the more the diet should probably favor carbohdyrates – which automatically displaces fat intake. There’s no need to go to extremes, but you should expirement freely to see what you find working the best. If you aren’t eating a ton of fatty foods there’s no reason to avoid whole fat dairy products.

Inlägget heter "How Many Carbohydrates Should YOU Eat?"
http://180degreehealth.com/2013/04/how-many-carbohydrates-should-you-eat
Loggat

hemul
Administrator

Hemsida
« Svara #6 skrivet: 2013.04.29 - 19:52:57 »

Men det förklarar väl ingenting?
Loggat

Subcalva
Superhero

« Svara #7 skrivet: 2013.04.29 - 20:14:05 »

Men det förklarar väl ingenting?

Nä det var inget svar på din fråga  :lol:

Det visar var MS står idag tänkte jag.
Loggat

Subcalva
Superhero

« Svara #8 skrivet: 2013.04.29 - 20:18:15 »

Fråga i en kommentar
Citat
You say there are rare cases where people would be better off getting their calories from fat. Are reactive hypoglycemics one such case? Eating lots of carbs makes me feel so tired and sluggish.
 I really have a lot of trouble keeping myself stable. I’m still trying figure out which ratios work best. It’s hard to find a good balance.

Matt Stones svar
Citat
Not necessarily as I think eating more carbohydrates is one of the best ways to overcome that disorder. Feeling tired and sluggish from eating lots of carbs can often signify high cortisol at the time you eat them. But this should be looked at as a relaxed, healthy state of being to spend time in. Massages and hot baths make people feel tired and sluggish too but that is rarely looked at as a bad thing. But I know what you mean. It can be tough to get the benefits of carbs when they trigger an acute stress event afterward.
Loggat

Mynlen

Smörklickar: 36

Antal inlägg: 6507

låt bli MIN OST!

Hemsida
« Svara #9 skrivet: 2013.04.29 - 23:19:54 »

Matt stone, mark sisson. Kanske inte förkorta för mycket ;)
Loggat

hemul
Administrator

Hemsida
« Svara #10 skrivet: 2013.04.30 - 01:35:39 »

With all due respect, I think that sounds like utterly BS. I was doing that for years and years. More and more carbs from "good sources" and all I got for my effort was more overweight and even poorer health and overall stamina.

I'm no LCHF zealot, as I'm sure everyone knows that by now. BUT I suffered for decades from the effects of the metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance blah blah blah. If I would make a list of the health benefits I gained when going low carb, some within days, some after maybe half a year or even longer, no one would believe me. No, I'm not religious about it. On the contrary, I'm very critical of the low carb concept. I would even say I loath some aspects of it. But, for me, they got something right. What's wrong is probably (at least partly) the hypotheses behind it all and the urge to bring things to their extremes (if less is better, nothing must be da shit!). I'm something as rare as a person that has regained her life through low carb or, more accurately, is aiming in that direction - I'm fuckin' thriving on low carb -  but I'm still extremely critical to the low carb concept and especially to the low carb bullshitting and the commercialization of low carb, not to speak of the iconization of low carb gurus - the genuine ones and the copycats alike -  and so on and so on. I don't know what specific parameter(s) in the low carb concept that brought my health back, I just know it did.

I think that we should be wary of the risk of throwing the good out with the bad when we criticize low carb or any other dietary regimen. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. That some of us think low carb is, in most permutations and especially the more popular ones, a fake, doesn't necessarily mean they've got it all wrong.

Personally I think that the diet discussion using "either you are with us or against us" arguments is counter-productive. There's probably a grain of truth to be found in most dietary schools and the person that concatenates those grains to a whole, he will be the winner and worthy or several Nobel prizes. Hopefully I'm still around to benefit when and if that day comes.

I'm also more than pleasantly pissed (again) and I find that rather enjoyable. :biggrin1: :borracho:

Oh, and since at this level of intoxication I'm prone to throw proverbs and quotations around, let me finish by quoting Nietschze: Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. So true, that. And so hard to live up to. :whink:

Any bad spelling or poor English is the whine speaking. Don't blame me - I'm an innocent bystander!  :tongue:

Oops!  :inlove:  :blush:

Loggat

hemul
Administrator

Hemsida
« Svara #11 skrivet: 2013.04.30 - 12:12:53 »

Å jösses.  :redface:
Loggat

fetsmart

Smörklickar: 15

Antal inlägg: 656

Hemsida
« Svara #12 skrivet: 2013.04.30 - 12:55:56 »

With all due respect, I think...
o.s.v.

Vem har skrivit detta, och var? hemul?
Loggat

neoLITE STFU & MYFA – Post cenam non stare sed mille passus meare
hemul
Administrator

Hemsida
« Svara #13 skrivet: 2013.04.30 - 13:17:47 »

Det står ju där uppe? Kan du inte läsa? :goggle: Jag var tyvärr lite, lite påverkad igår. :look_down:
Loggat

Subcalva
Superhero

« Svara #14 skrivet: 2013.04.30 - 14:37:34 »

Å jösses.  :redface:

:worshippy:
Loggat

Sidor: [1] 2   Gå upp
  Skriv ut  
8: Undefined index: googletagged
Fil: /home/meow/domains/fetbobba.net/public_html/forum/Themes/core_mod/Display.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Rad: 544