Fetbobbas Forum

Forum för folk som tycker
fett är fint!

Vi har förstått att kostråden är alldeles galna. För mycket kolhydrater och för lite naturligt fett gör oss sjuka. Gifter och tillsatser gör oss sjukare.
Vi vill äta naturlig, näringsrik och opåverkad mat.

Tapatalk enabled RSS feed 2024.04.23 - 08:26:02 *
Välkommen Gäst. Var snäll och logga in eller registrera dig som ny medlem.

Logga in med användarnamn, lösenord och önskad sessionslängd

Startsida   Hjälp Sök Kalender Logga in Registrera  
Sidor: 1 [2] 3   Gå ned
  Skriv ut  
Författare Ämne: Kål hämmar jodupptag!  (läst 15580 gånger)
0 Medlemmar och 1 gäst tittar på detta ämne.
hemul
Administrator

Smörklickar: 63

Antal inlägg: 31106

Hemsida
« Svara #15 skrivet: 2012.03.02 - 09:24:22 »

Vi vet! Frågan var ju om de förstörs vid uppvärmning.  :club:

Jag googlade rätt mycket på det där förut och jag såg ingenting om att det inte skulle vara sant att de förstörs. :goggle:
Loggat

Fett är fint! | Marit Paulsen, go home! | Sverige ut ur EU!
Glucose is the energy of life - Robert  Lustig
Ekub
Superhero

Smörklickar: 15

Antal inlägg: 1471

« Svara #16 skrivet: 2012.03.02 - 09:42:01 »

Om jag skulle snava över sidan igen så lovar jag att lägga upp den här.
Loggat

Att våga är att förlora fotfästet en liten stund. Att inte våga är att förlora sig själv - Kierkegaard
Mynlen

Smörklickar: 36

Antal inlägg: 6507

låt bli MIN OST!

Hemsida
« Svara #17 skrivet: 2012.03.02 - 09:47:39 »

måste vara goibären som har mest goitrogener...
Loggat

Tina

Smörklickar: 22

Antal inlägg: 2830

« Svara #18 skrivet: 2012.03.02 - 09:50:18 »

Jag tror i alla fall att nyttigheterna med kål överväger onyttan så jag fortsätter äta kål. Blir liksom inget kvar annars.
Loggat

hemul
Administrator

Hemsida
« Svara #19 skrivet: 2012.03.02 - 10:02:05 »

måste vara goibären som har mest goitrogener...

:club_idiot:
Loggat

Mynlen

Smörklickar: 36

Antal inlägg: 6507

låt bli MIN OST!

Hemsida
« Svara #20 skrivet: 2012.03.02 - 10:11:28 »

Jag tror i alla fall att nyttigheterna med kål överväger onyttan så jag fortsätter äta kål. Blir liksom inget kvar annars.

Instämmer. Men kanske äta det litet mindre ofta kanske. Fast så många grönsaker hör till kålfamiljen att det kan bli svårt...

Hemulen:  :lulz:
Loggat

Ekub
Superhero

« Svara #21 skrivet: 2012.03.02 - 12:19:13 »

Missförstå mig inte. Jag älskar kål och äter mer än gärna kål. Ville bara nämna att det finns de som menar att goitrogenerna inte försvinner genom tillagning eller syrning...
Loggat

Att våga är att förlora fotfästet en liten stund. Att inte våga är att förlora sig själv - Kierkegaard
hemul
Administrator

Hemsida
« Svara #22 skrivet: 2012.03.02 - 12:21:24 »

Men ingen kan ju hitta något sånt... :confused3:
Loggat

Ekub
Superhero

« Svara #23 skrivet: 2012.03.02 - 12:27:11 »

Jo jag :laugh: Kommer bara inte ihåg var jag läste det  :clubhead: Jag har inte tid och ork att leta just nu men jag ska kika efter det någon kväll. Kan vara nonsen men jag vet att jag har läst det iaf.
Loggat

hemul
Administrator

Hemsida
« Svara #24 skrivet: 2012.03.02 - 12:34:59 »

Det kan ju inte vara en sååå spridd uppfattning då...   :lol:
Loggat

idalinda
Extraterrestrial

Smörklickar: 41

Antal inlägg: 6909

« Svara #25 skrivet: 2012.03.02 - 18:33:46 »

Kålväxter och lök var det bästa cancersjuka kan äta, så inte kan det vara så farligt... anser jag.
Loggat
Tina

Smörklickar: 22

Antal inlägg: 2830

« Svara #26 skrivet: 2012.03.02 - 20:11:16 »

Jodbrist är ju enklare att fixa till än cancer...
Loggat

Subcalva
Superhero

Smörklickar: 19

Antal inlägg: 1721

« Svara #27 skrivet: 2012.03.03 - 17:31:18 »

Från min länk tidigare....   :whink:

Chris Masterjohn:  OK, so there are a few different classes of goitrogenic foods, and the way preparation affects them is different depending on the class.  The most common that people on an ancestral diet are probably going to be eating is crucifers.  So, crucifers, for example, include broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, collard greens, kale, kohlrabi, mustard, rutabaga, turnip, bok choy, arugula, horseradish, wasabi, watercress, maca, and even canola oil is a crucifer.

Chris Masterjohn:  So, crucifers have natural pesticides called glucosinolates, and these can be metabolized when we chew the crucifer or when we chop them up and so on.  So, whether we’re eating them raw or cooked, we’re gonna get some of these goitrogens.  And basically what happens is there’s an enzyme that frees a chemical called isothiocyanate, and then in our bodies we metabolize this to thiocyanate, and thiocyanate decreases the uptake of iodine into the thyroid gland because it basically competes with it.  So, if you have a high ratio of isothiocyanate to iodine, then isothiocyanate actually gets into the thyroid gland.  It also gets into breast milk, and it crosses the placenta in place of iodine.  And then once it’s in the thyroid gland, it will compete for the utilization of the enzyme that makes thyroid hormone.

Chris Masterjohn:  Now, thiocyanate, you can completely protect against it simply by getting enough iodine in your diet.  Now, a lot of people think that cooking or fermenting cruciferous vegetables is going to get rid of the goitrogens, but that is not true.  Fermenting actually activates them.  It actually does the conversion to the thiocyanate right in the jar of sauerkraut.  So, if you’re eating sauerkraut and kimchi, you are not getting rid of the goitrogens.  That doesn’t mean the foods are bad, but it means that you need more iodine when you’re eating those foods.  If you steam the vegetables, it decreases the goitrogen yield about 30%, but it leaves about 70% of them there.  Not only that, but when you steam the vegetables, the rate of liberation of the true goitrogens in the intestines varies fourfold between different people depending on their intestinal flora, so steaming is not a reliable way of getting rid of them.  If you boil them for a half an hour and you keep the water, for example, in a soup, then that gets rid of 65% of the goitrogens, so about two-thirds.  And if you get rid of the water, then that gets rid of about 90%, so if you boil them and then you pour the water out.  Now, I don’t think that you need to go through all this extensive boiling.  I think you just need to increase your iodine.  But you have to realize if you have marginal iodine status and then all of a sudden you start eating sauerkraut and kimchi at every meal and then steaming broccoli for dinner, then that may push you over the edge into a frank iodine deficiency if you were on the border.
Loggat

NOLM - Näringstät Oprocessad gärna Lokalt odlad Mat
hemul
Administrator

Hemsida
« Svara #28 skrivet: 2012.03.03 - 18:25:04 »

:eek:
Loggat

Subcalva
Superhero

Smörklickar: 19

Antal inlägg: 1721

« Svara #29 skrivet: 2012.03.03 - 19:17:36 »

Lugn, lugn....

Chris Masterjohn:...So, I think the solution to all of this is to eat these foods in moderation.  Don’t go crazy with them.  You know, don’t get the Vitamix out and load it with as many cruciferous vegetables as you can and drink cruciferous vegetable juice all day long.  There are people who do that and suffer the consequences.  You know, eat these foods in moderation, and make sure that you compensate for their inclusion in the diet with eating more seafood, perhaps some occasional seaweed, and if you need it — you know, you get the iodine test that you do, for example — if you need more iodine, supplement to bring that level up to where it needs to be.

Steve Wright:  OK, that’s what I thought.  So, you just touched on it, and I’m glad you brought it up, and that’s the shakes or the juicing because there are a lot of us — and I don’t do it, because I hate cleaning my blender — but a lot of people like to make a shake in the morning, and you’ll see a lot of bloggers telling you to make a green smoothie.  Is even doing, like, a cup a day or something in my smoothie, over time is this gonna be a problem? 

Chris Masterjohn:  I don’t think it’s going to be a problem as long as you have adequate iodine in your diet.  I mean, a cup of cruciferous vegetables is not a lot.  In all honesty, I sometimes, you know, I’ll eat a whole plateful of kale or something like that, so I don’t think it makes any difference if you just throw it in the juicer.  But what I mean is if people are juicing so that they can consume exorbitant quantities of these vegetables compared to what they would be able to eat if they were eating them whole, that’s where you get the problem. 
Loggat

NOLM - Näringstät Oprocessad gärna Lokalt odlad Mat
Sidor: 1 [2] 3   Gå upp
  Skriv ut  
8: Undefined index: googletagged
Fil: /home/meow/domains/fetbobba.net/public_html/forum/Themes/core_mod/Display.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Rad: 544